what do you think about these tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HPballer76

Aquarium Advice Freak
well found a couple tanks locally that i might go check out but obviously i have to get everyone heres opinion first :)

first is this 125 dual overflow tank dual overflows but one looks to be broken. i've been wanting a 125 but probably wouldn't use this one. i want a nice new tank lol. but i might be able to get this one for cheap so wanted to see if everyone here thinks it would be worth the trouble to buy and resell? comes with what looks to be some kind of skimmer and a sump.

img_1746896_0_08c57ef1b19ba6a46dcb9bbb2dcbd417.jpg

img_1746896_1_a5feee4d1762dcafcad14b2e33666ec5.jpg

img_1746896_2_db1ada3fd950adebcb57fb94548a7bb9.jpg

so what do you guys think would be good deals on these?

then there is this acrylic tank that i would actually be interested in using simply because i like the all clear look. it says 120 gallons but from the dimensions i think it is a little bit smaller than that. its 60x18x24 with a center overflow.

img_1746896_3_ccb05ee92419c6b82db73d90769f1f0e.jpg
img_1746896_4_f3eef7cf97f38bb8c4a6977bed558232.jpg
img_1746896_5_bc1592255921114a6de4bd705b147972.jpg

Gotta say I like the acrylic but I dont trust them myself. Ive heard too much about yellowing and scratches. The 125 I dont know that I would try resale unless it was a super super good deal. hate for it to fail :(

what would you consider a good deal on the 125? the seller wants $75 obo on it. i was thinking that the sump thats there with it is worth that? just not sure if it is worth moving that big of a tank?

i think i am definitely going to go see the acrylic tank. the seller of that one wants $125.

I am not an expert by any means. It depends on your area too wether it would sell or not. It sounds good to me if it holds water but please dont buy it on my advise!

thats what i was thinking. i think it would sell i'm just not sure what i could sell it for is worth going to get it and moving it. anyone know anything about the sump in the pics?

i think i actually find a site that sells the acrylic tank new for $855. its advertised there as being 125 gallons but all calculators i've used for the dimensions say around 112..

125 Gallon Acrylic Trapezoid Overflow Aquarium 60x18x24,Tsunami Built in Overflow Aquariums,Acrylic Aquarium,Aquarium with Overflow,Overflow Aquarium,Fish Tank,Acrylic Fish Tank,

anyone with acrylic tank please chime in and let me know what i should look for if i go see it. how hard is it to maintain an acrylic tank? are the really easy to scratch?

Businesses do oversize their tanks sometimes lol Acrylic does scratch easier than glass but it is easier to fix via sanding or buffing the scratches out. Honestly on the acrylic tank... If it holds water and I had the money I would probably go for it. As long as its in good shape.

yeah if it looks as good in person as it does in the pics i may just have to get it and store it for a future project. it just seems like to good of a deal on a cool tank not to lol. hopefully i can go look at it tomorrow.

went and looked at the acrylic tank tonight. it was pretty nice, just some minor scratches that should buff right out. decided to get it and the guy selling it is even going to deliver for the 125 asking price.

When you post a build thread I wanna know because I wanna see it!

i will for sure let you know when the build starts. it will be a little while. planning to start that tank this summer.

jetajockey- are you talking about the acrylic tank or the glass one?

Back
Top Bottom