What do you think of this deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i don't mean to be a buzz kill, but you could probably do better. It's got a broken cross beam right? And the stand looks a little rough. :-(

I'd keep looking unless you have a desperate situation. :-D

Looked like a pretty good-ish deal to me until I realized it's not even 90g!

What a punk. I got all excited that I didn't even check the dimensions for proof until after I talked him about it. Spring break just started today...aside from working, I'll have a lot of down time...in that time I'll be looking for tanks, and in a sense I am desperate :).

Thanks guys

You can do better. you'll see. if you got that tank i bet ya there'd be an even better deal. :-D

Don't despair, the magic will happen!

I always miss the deals on CL. Whenever I get one on CL, I find a better one. Whenever I can't afford a new tank, there are no good deals. Ha

It says the center crossbar is cracked. That is very bad because that is the center brace for the tank. So for example you could fill up the tank and the whole tank can rip from the seams of the silicone because of all the pressure their is nothing holding it together except for the corner silicone. Not good at all their are two braces one under the tank and one above to hold the force of the water from not stressing the corner seams.

I don't quite think they provided the correct measurements. Judging by the picture, I would say its a 75g or possibly a 90g... looks far too wide to be a 55g.

But, regardless, a broken center support is askign for trouble, and would cost more to fix than its worth IMO. Unless you enjoy bowfront/back tanks with the potential for failure.

Yeah, the second after the first response and the wrong dimensions I told him I wouldn't be taking it.

Thanks for the replies.

I'd recommend looking around, no matter how much you want another tank. I made the mistake of getting a tank I though was a great deal, only to see 3 or 4 better deals on CL in a matter of a week. But hey, it was still a good deal. =)

Back
Top Bottom