Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

What Equip to Ask For? SA tank

Hey,
I have a planted South American tank and a wonderful girlfriend, who wants me to pick out something for my fish tank for my birthday She's so awesome.

The tank isn't stocked yet, but here's the stock list: 4x Bolivian Rams, 10x Card. Tetras, 7x Hatchets

So my tank, is pretty low-tech. 30 gal, I have a Tetra Whisper 60 Filter, hydor theo heater, and a 39w T5HO light.

My question is:

What piece of equipment will give my tank the biggest bump in water quality/quality of life for my fish?

Old 08-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Fish R friends, not food!

A good canister filter. Eheim or Rena are the brands that I like. Better filtration, lower maintenance, quieter and out of the way. Plus way more options for types of filtration.

spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Thanks for the suggestion... anybody else have some input? I just want some equip to make my fishies happy.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com