What filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tntfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 55 gallon tank 4 angels 6 tiger barbs planin to make it a planted tank what filter would you guys suggest??

What are you using now?
Be carefull with tiger barbs around those angels.
They can be fin nippers. I had to move some green tiger barbs I have when they started taking chunks out of the tails of my dwarf gouramis.
I like the Marineland Emperor 400 if you are looking for a HOB filter.

Thanks Tntfish, this is a question I was going to ask as well. XP3 and Aquaclear... are these power filters or cannister filters? Is one filter enough for a 55 planted or is it safer to have two?

Speaking of equipment, I read in a guide book (that has proven rather suspect) that it is better to have two heaters going at once in a tank so that one doesnt have to work so hard it kills itself.

i would suggest using two filters like two aquaclear 50 or one aquaclear 50 and a aquaclear 70 that is more than enoug hfor a 55 gallon aquaium

I'd go with a canister filter for a 55 gal. Right now I'm running a Cascade 1000 on my 55 gal. Or as Neilahn mentioned, an XP3.

Back
Top Bottom