What Filter systems have adjustable flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dade21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I used to run Whispers on my 10 and 20 G about 10 years ago. After that I transferred for a job and the aqaria were left with Mom and dad because the landlord said No Pets of any kind. Now I've restarted my 10 G but the aqueon doesn't seem to be adjustable. Any suggestions?

I used to run Whispers on my 10 and 20 G about 10 years ago. After that I transferred for a job and the aqaria were left with Mom and dad because the landlord said No Pets of any kind. Now I've restarted my 10 G but the aqueon doesn't seem to be adjustable. Any suggestions?

Aquaclears have adjustable flow (as do others, but I use ACs). I ran an AC20 on a 10g for a betta, and turning down the flow to its lowest setting was just fine for him.

Aquaclears have adjustable flow (as do others, but I use ACs). I ran an AC20 on a 10g for a betta, and turning down the flow to its lowest setting was just fine for him.

Aqua clear get bought out by another company?

I believe Aquaclear is owned by Fluval.

Research Fluval c-series, they have adjustable flow, a lot of talk about them. Have all Aquaclear but gonna try a c-series.

Last edited:
Aqua clear get bought out by another company?

Aquaclear was originally branded under the Hagen name, now it's branded Fluval. Still owned by the same company, though, as Fluval is a Hagen brand: http://usa.hagen.com/ourbrands

Some have speculated that the new Fluval HoB filters that look so much like an Aquaclear are an eventual replacement line.

I bought an aqua clear this morning. I'll see how it goes

I set my AC 30 up this morning. It seems to be running smoothly. My fish seem much less stressed. (Not hanging at the top of the Tank. Not near the Filter. Not opening and closing their mouths. Etc)

Does the bio max kill Ich if it is Present?

Back
Top Bottom