what filter to buy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie40

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
40 gallon breeader tank. i need help to descide on what filter should i buy between the marineland emperor 400 vs. Aquaclear 70..... or i should be looking to get a canister filter instead.

I have read places were the best option is the aqua clear, but then i compare the gallon per hour they run. Ac70 is 300 and emperor is 400..its a big differnce i believe. Would this make a differnce to you in picking one?

The turn over is better to have. Things I don't like of the emperor is it got loud from the bio wheels and the trays.

Thanks i think am heading towards the ac! i believe the ac 70 would be good for my 40 gallon tank maybe the ac 110 would be to strong with the water flow. Would it?

Get the aqua clear. I have 2 emperor 400 on my 75 and tho they filter awesome they are real noisy and i mean bad enough that im going to replace them with ac110s

I'd get a pair of AC70s. More flexible media options and redundancy in case one fails (pretty reliable...had an old smaller model from the 80s and it still ran a few years ago).
Emperors are nice but noisy.

On my 40 i have A 110 and a 50 and they work great.
I had an emporer 400 with the 50 and the emporer was super noisy.
Def go with the aqua clears

Back
Top Bottom