What fixture is this t5 t8?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I bought a second hand tank with a nice canopy and I can figure out what type of lights they are and also under the canopy between the two lights there is two holes about 1.5 in diameter with plastic removable plugs in them any idea what there for?

Thanks I just have nothing to compare it to but the bulb says 40 watt and 42" long it is about 1" wide that is from on side to the other not all the way around

I don't think so it is hard wired into the canopy I was thinking cooling fan but it has no wires in them I will take a picture tomorrow

I would suspect the holes are to add sockets if they are at opposite ends. T ratings on tubes are in inches; a T8 is 8/8inches (1"), a T5 is 5/8inches, a T12 is 12/8 inches (1 1/2") in diameter..

Bigger bulbs aren't better, it's actually the other way around. T5ho are the highest powered/most affordable fixtures at the moment. T12/T8s are what you frequently see lighting up office buildings and such.

Ok cool I will just look into low light plants I just hate the look of anything but a canopy but I might build one and put t5ho x 4 for my 80 gallon

Back
Top Bottom