What goes in each chamber of a Fluval 304 and in what order?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Breath

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had picked up a used 304 when I had to medicate my tank I had posted before as to what goes into the chamber after I remove the carbon and the answer was floss. That being said the other two chambers have ceramic type cylinder pieces in them One is just round and the other being hexagonal pieces. My question is in what order are these supposed to stack in the canister chamber does the floss go on the top or the middle or the bottom and do the hexagonals go ??????? and the round cylinders go????? Can anyone direct me As I have just dismantled everything and gave it a good cleaning and was wondering if it mattered what order they stacked in
Thanks in advance

fluval actually fill from the side. lets see here, it comes in passes over those giant floss rectangles that go in that side piece the water then goes down and flows UP through the threee chambers.. i have a cutaway i'll post hold on

Ok I forgot to mention there is a sponge chamber that goes beside these stacking chambers so in fact when the water enters it goes through sponges then the stacking chambers so if the floss is last I take it that that would be the top chanber then what order is the hex pieces and the cylinder pieces What is the difference between the Hexagonal pices and the Cylinder pieces the seem to be the same material only the hexagonal are smoother due the hex cuts

heres the pic:

it says the top basket is for bio media like those ceramics, ammonia remover, bioMAX, Peat granules, or zeo-carb

the two below that are for chemical, bio OR Mechanical
lists all the same things, plus prefilter material, filter floss, and carbon

Does anyone else know the difference between the hexagonal ceramic pieces and the cylindrical ones and in what order do they stack the both seem to be made of the same materials and thanks for your info urville do you have a link where i can get a better close up of those pics

i dont i scanned them at work. i could enlarge them....?

Back
Top Bottom