What heater should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I am getting a twenty gallon long, and need to get a heater for it. I am not sure which one to get... please suggest or recommend. Thanks

I would go with the aqueon pro. I'm running like 5 of them and find them to be of good quality and pretty accurate. Just a little pricey, but check out amazon.com for some excellent prices.

Ok, ill check it out. Which one should I get? There are like 7 models... I don't know how many watts it is either

+1 to the Aqueon heaters. Waiting on my other one to get here tomorrow! Amazon does have them very cheap, and they usually have free 2 day shipping. I got a 200 watt for my 20 gallon tank, I think that should be fine IMO.

For 30 cents more, for some reason lol :ROFLMAO: you can get the 150 watt, get it on Amazon, Aqueon pro 150 watt heater. Cheapest price I've seen anywhere.

picture_117 said:
For 30 cents more, for some reason lol :ROFLMAO: you can get the 150 watt, get it on Amazon, Aqueon pro 150 watt heater. Cheapest price I've seen anywhere.

Good point... I will get that one instead. But what if it makes my tank too warm?

Good point... I will get that one instead. But what if it makes my tank too warm?

Well I don't think any heater can make your tank to warm, unless it malfunctions.

A heater has a thermostat, you set it to say 80 degrees Fahrenheit, the tank water is at 72 degrees Fahrenheit. The heater will come on and heat the water until the temperature reaches 80 degrees Fahrenheit , once it reaches the set temperature it will automatically shut off, only coming back on to warm it up back up to 80 degrees.

So all a higher watt heater will do is heat up the water quicker, but you don't want to over do it and get per say a 400 watt heater (y)

A 150 watt heater placed horizontally in a 20g long will be perfect. I'm running a 200 watt in my 30g long and it keeps the temp steady. It shouldn't get too hot, just turn the setting down.

Back
Top Bottom