What is a decent filtering system for a budget?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noxious020189

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 30 Gal. tank...I would just like to know what is a decent filtering system for a 30 Gal. tank, also a person with a low budget. So low in cost but a decent system, and of course for fresh water!

Thank you!

I have heard many great things about the aquaclear HOB filters, and they are reasonably priced. Check them out, I bet it would work great for a 30 gal. Oh- and welcome to AA !

[center:d0392f38b4] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, Noxious020189!! :n00b: [/center:d0392f38b4]

AquaClear is a great brand and inexpensive. If you have the time, buy it on-line :D

AquaClear filters are great as mentioned.
An AquaClaer 70 would work niice on a 30gal. tank and give you 10x turn over rate an hour.

You can get one from www.petsolutions.com for $21.99
Hope this helps.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice btw.

Garage sale specials ;) I find some good stuff at sales. even If you get 2 smaller types youll end up getting a ton of other things for fish for less than at the LFS or Wal Mart.

I always liked Second Nature Whisper type filters

I use an aquaclear on my 20gal and its great. Very easy to maintain and clean. Usually on sale at atleast one pet store in town. It also allows a person to buy bulk filter media and cut it to size to fit in the basket. (will help keep costs down in the future) Just my two cents. Good luck

I have air stones, so I would like to have one...I don't know this isn't for me, this is for my dad, so I'm just a messenger!

Back
Top Bottom