Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong View Post

Free is an excellent price!!
It NEVER hurts in this hobby!!!

Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got my 6 stage deluxe (includes all connections needed for multiple installations) from BRS during a group buy for $189 and of course that gets free shipping. Without the group buy reg price $279.

IMO a good RO/DI along with your skimmer are things that spending the money right the first time saves headaches later.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post
Got my 6 stage deluxe (includes all connections needed for multiple installations) from BRS during a group buy for $189 and of course that gets free shipping. Without the group buy reg price $279.

IMO a good RO/DI along with your skimmer are things that spending the money right the first time saves headaches later.
This is good to hear as a friend of mine is giving me his entire 130 gallon setup, including a six stage RO/DI water filter. Man, I'm feeling more and more lucky everyday. I just hope everything survives the move. It's only a couple of hours but still...
Old 12-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbratz View Post

This is good to hear as a friend of mine is giving me his entire 130 gallon setup, including a six stage RO/DI water filter. Man, I'm feeling more and more lucky everyday. I just hope everything survives the move. It's only a couple of hours but still...
Sweet deal. Everything should survive fine if you plan accordingly. Keep water temp good and oxygenated. I would have some premade SW ready upon arrival too.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post

Sweet deal. Everything should survive fine if you plan accordingly. Keep water temp good and oxygenated. I would have some premade SW ready upon arrival too.
I was thinking the same thing. I know it'll take awhile for the sand to settle and I know the fish will need to go into my 55 but I don't want to stress them by moving them to much

Tags
rodi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com