What is an RODI?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is an RODI?

Reverse osmosis / deionization just a filter that basically cleans the water of any and all contaminates minerals metels or ions of any sort things that can effect water quality and fuel algae

Do you use it to make your salt water. And scale of 1to 10, how important is it to have one?

Yes i use it for water changes and topoff i also buy sell and propigate coral so for me waterquality is very important what it will do for you is insure water quality is perfect it makes keeping a reef longterm a lil easier some coral are more delicate than others if keeping coral id say a 10 it will also keep algae down is it an absolute? No but rather just makes reefkeeping a bit easier to maintain

Do you use it to make your salt water. And scale of 1to 10, how important is it to have one?

IMO it is very important due to the fact that tap water is very nutrient ie: algae, but where I saw the most benefit was in my wallet. I was driving 15 miles to my lfs for 15 gallons of R/O at a $1 a gallon, and I often left with more than just water (how could I resist those corals!?!)

Also, it's nice to have water on hand for emergencies.

My cousin gave me a 3 stage when I fist started for free. Bought new filters and a nipple for it, and just recently new hosing... Worked out great!!

Got my 6 stage deluxe (includes all connections needed for multiple installations) from BRS during a group buy for $189 and of course that gets free shipping. Without the group buy reg price $279.

IMO a good RO/DI along with your skimmer are things that spending the money right the first time saves headaches later.

Got my 6 stage deluxe (includes all connections needed for multiple installations) from BRS during a group buy for $189 and of course that gets free shipping. Without the group buy reg price $279.

IMO a good RO/DI along with your skimmer are things that spending the money right the first time saves headaches later.

This is good to hear as a friend of mine is giving me his entire 130 gallon setup, including a six stage RO/DI water filter. Man, I'm feeling more and more lucky everyday. I just hope everything survives the move. It's only a couple of hours but still...

This is good to hear as a friend of mine is giving me his entire 130 gallon setup, including a six stage RO/DI water filter. Man, I'm feeling more and more lucky everyday. I just hope everything survives the move. It's only a couple of hours but still...

Sweet deal. Everything should survive fine if you plan accordingly. Keep water temp good and oxygenated. I would have some premade SW ready upon arrival too.

Sweet deal. Everything should survive fine if you plan accordingly. Keep water temp good and oxygenated. I would have some premade SW ready upon arrival too.

I was thinking the same thing. I know it'll take awhile for the sand to settle and I know the fish will need to go into my 55 but I don't want to stress them by moving them to much

Back
Top Bottom