What is the Best Filter...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neptune333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,
I have a filter that came with a my 30 gl. tank and I think its a penguin... not sure of the model #... and its acting up. i've tryed cleaning it and taking it apart but no luck... it keeps over flowing and not doing the best job. I am going to go to my pet shop and see what they offer but I would like other advice. I would rather a filter that Hagen supplies. Anyone know of a filter for me...??? 30 gl. salt water :confused:

For a 30 gal I would suggest an aquaclear 70 for max filtration or an AC50 if you don't want the extra filtration. You can't go wrong with aquaclears

+1 for CABFs suggestions. I really like my ACs. That said, the Penguins work very well if you aren't using sand for substrate. I had a Penguin 200 on my 29g and it did a great job. I made my own filter cartridges with some filter sponge and two media baskets. The impeller got chewed up when I switched to sand though.

if it is overflowing try rinsing out the filter with used tank water, just shake it in the bucket.

Back
Top Bottom