What is the best skimmer ?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitetiprs

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am thinking of upgrading my 46 gal tank from the seaclone 100 to the urchin pro with the rio pump. Is the urchin a good skimmer for a small sump and just a good skimmer in general?

Rios suck get another pump... JMO... can't help on the skimmer, I have never heard of it before. I run ETSS Reef Devils on both my tanks and Euroreef is another well known brand that gets good reviews..

Aqua C Urchin Pro is an excellent skimmer. Get the upgrade to either the MaxiJet or Mag Drive (even better). HTH

I run a AquaC EV1000. The only one I have heard to stay away from are the seaclones. Sounds like you are doing a smart upgrade.

i have the urchin, works awesome. pulls out so much gunk out my water. but yea, id upgrade to a MJ 1200 and you should be good to go. HTHs

get a coralife super skimmer if you want something that will HOB. they are the best IMO.

I also agree to upgrade to at least the MaxiJet, if not the Mag pump. Rio's just cannot outperform or outlast a MaxiJet.

if you want a HOB, you can also go with the AquaC Remora. If you do a search, you will find that both the Remora, and Urchins are Excellent skimmers. I havent read a thread that someone wasnt happy with theirs.

Back
Top Bottom