What is the best skimmer for my money?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

110gTj

Aquarium Advice Regular
Currently I have a coralife super skimmer 125. I know I know they are not very liked here on the forums, but with a few mods I have done it has worked pretty decently. Despite its hard working efforts it is time to upgrade to a better skimmer. I have about $250.00 saved and want to know what the best skimmer for my money is. I have a 110g tank with a 20g sump. Plenty of room down there to put my skimmer. As of a bioload so far I only have 2 clowns, sailfin tang, white cheek tang (I know he is not a good choice), mexican snails, blue leg crabs, and frogspawn coral. Please give me some insight on the best skimmer for $250.00 or less. Thanks guys :)

IMO the best line of skimmers are the octopus brand. They make some good skimmers.

Thanks guys..I think Im going to try for the NWB200, but we will see how things go. Im going to order it this week sometime :)

Curious if any Octopus user can compare them to the Aqua EV series skimmers. I know I always recommend the Aqua C, but I've never used an Octopus.

The AquaC EV's are good, but the EV 120 is probably about the same as the NWB 150 as far as recommended tank size. The Octo is over $100 cheaper and comes with a pump. You already paid over $100 more for the AquaC, plus you need to also buy a pump for it. So, do I think an AquaC EV is worth the extra $100+? No, so I recommend the Octo.

Just speaking for the Octopus brand, I have a BH100F hang on back one and its great. I had some issues getting it going to begin with, but otherwise, no problems from it. Its a good skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom