What kind of filter equipment do you run on your Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkalfsbeck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just curious about what type of filters and all that stuff everyone here runs on their tank. Also curious about what your water parameters really are.

I've seen hundreds of people w/ 55 gal.-90 gal. tanks w/ fish that should only be housed in hundreds of gallon tanks saying all their levels are zero.

This post isn't meant to crucify anyone, everyone runs their tanks their own way, and whatever works for you is great.

I'm just trying to get an idea of options I have w/ the slight amonia readings I have. I don't consider my equipment on my 210 gal. pushovers either.

I'm going to try the macro algae thing this weekend and if that goes bad then possibly try a refugium. I just have a bad experience from running a wet/dry system in the past.

Well anyways on my 210 I'm running :
3 Via Aqua Powerhead 4900's : 1321 gph
Rena xp3 canister filter:330-350 gph
Coralife Super Skimmer 220
Coralife 36watt UV sterilizer
180lbs. LR
3-4" Sand Bed

Livestock:
5" Harlequin Tusk
5" Fox Face
4-5" Yellow Tang
4" Naso Tang
4" Leopard Wrasse
6" Blue Jaw Trigger
2.5" Emperor Angel

1- Chocolate Chip Star
2-Skunk Cleaner shrimp
1-Blood Cleaner shrimp (Red shrimp)
1-Serpant Star

Water Readings:
Ph-8.2
Nitrites-0ppm
Amonia-between 0-.25ppm
Nitrates-5ppm

Friday-10-15% water changes

Again, this post isn't meant to "bust" anyone on their tanks, I'm just curious on what I'm doing wrong as far as the amonia goes. B/c from what I have in my 210 gal. tank isn't far off from a lot of 75-100 gal. set ups that i've seen.

Thanks

I have a 29Gal FOWLR tank, 2 Perc Clowns, CC starfish, and a Skunk Cleaner

I run the Eclipse Marineland hood and 2 Maxi-Jet 900's!!! All my levels are perfect and haven't had an issue yet .... except the mysteriuos death of my Coral Beauty??

Ive learnt alot from my 2 yrs in SW keeping, I currently use wet/dry and cannisters with skimmers..

Im planning my 600gal + tank which is scheduled for years down the track but I think the sump/refuge/skimmer is the way to go!

I have a 55 gallong FOWLR I'm running below with zero readings across the board:

-Marineland Emperor 400 H.O.T. Power Filter
-Marineland Emporer 280 H.O.T. Power Filter
-Marineland Penguin 1140 Powerhead connected to Penn Plax Undergravel Filter
-Marineland Penguin 1140 Powerhead connected to Penn Plax Undergravel Filter
-Fluval 304 Canister Filter
-Aquarium Systems Seaclone 150 Protein Skimmer
-1.5 Fiji Premium Live Rock (will be adding more soon)

Back
Top Bottom