What kind of lighting can..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bntv

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, i am looking into buying a new fixture for my cycling tank. I was wondering if 78 watt fixture is enough to grow a good number of (easy) corals like zoas, and polyps? or should i just get a 156 watt fixture (4, 39 watts bulbs)? BTW i have 38 gallon tank. The 78 watt is around 78.99 and the 156 watt is 175.99. Tell me what you guys think!

The more wattage you can get the better, it gives you more options on what you can keep in your tank.

Well, price aside, what brand is the fixture? You want to stay away from fixtures under the brands Jebo or Oddesy. They pretty cheaply made fixtures, and from what i hear, their fixtures only take bulbs that THEY make. Brands like Current USA are good. A little bit more pricey, but when it comes to coral, you don't want to slack on the lighting at all. I forgot the names of some other brands, but there are good ones out there. Give us the names of the brands and their prices, and then we can give you a better idea of how good, or how worth-it it is.

Well, price aside, what brand is the fixture? You want to stay away from fixtures under the brands Jebo or Oddesy. They pretty cheaply made fixtures, and from what i hear, their fixtures only take bulbs that THEY make. Brands like Current USA are good. A little bit more pricey, but when it comes to coral, you don't want to slack on the lighting at all. I forgot the names of some other brands, but there are good ones out there. Give us the names of the brands and their prices, and then we can give you a better idea of how good, or how worth-it it is.

Nova extreme is what im looking at right now.

Back
Top Bottom