What kind of skimmer is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgross15656

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone help identify what type of skimmer I have? I bought my set up used and I want to identify my equipment just in case I need to troubleshoot anything down the road.
Also, I have a 75 gallon (FOWLR) cycling, I have 1 Koralia 3 power head now, and am considering getting another ( the same?? 850?) to put on opposite end. Would 2 850s be too much? I have yet to read a post that says you can have too much flow!

Thanks so much for your answers!

Attachments

• DSCF4093.jpg
    DSCF4093.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 79
i have never seen a skimmer like that before in the 10 years ive been in this. Sorry, but on the powerhead qestion. There is a time where you can have too much flow and thats when you have some corals they will actually not open fully if they are in a environment where its blowing too much. But with a FOWLR youll be fine and having two of those is not really that much, i have 2 4's on my 55.

I'm kind of nervous about using it, though i was told that i shouldn't even turn it on until i put my first fish in, is that correct? I haven't turned it on yet since i just started cycling last week, should I?
Any suggestions on a new skimmer ( I'm using an Oceanic 75 trickle filter w/ bioballs and would like the skimmer to sit in it. On the down side, if it does sit in the sump, I can't use the lids on the sump, and I was hoping to only bc I'm seeing alot of evap). Thanks~

Berlin Skimmers and Octapus skimmers are the best of the best IMO. Im using a Coralife Super skimmer 65 on my 55 its a in sump or hang on back skim, alot of people have mixed feelings about these but its been nothing but outstanding for me. I wouldnt turn it on until you have added your new fishies either :D

Back
Top Bottom