what light fixture around or under 500?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello I need another light fixture I have a 96x4 watt coralife fixture and I'm sick of it its old I replaced the bulbs just 1 month ago and they are bright when they first turn on in the morning then they dim down dramatically I changed the ballasts but nothing.. I have a tight budget can anyone suggest a different fixture around or under 500? I don't want compacts any more I was aiming twords vho or halides? Some one please help? My corals are slowly suffering and dying because of my lights dimming?

Yea I'm tired of cps lighting I want something bright but I thought they havnt made led's for my size tank atleast affordable ones lol

Ecoxotic Panorama LED Module

I have these and love them, my tank is a 90 gallon tall 48 x 18 x 24 tall. Had eight 8000k / 453's, but went back to six. Way more than enough light to do sps and lps I've found. Not sure how big your tank is but at $100 a piece that's almost in your price range. No bulbs to ever change, each has their own ballast (if one has an issue, you still have light), 12 watts by 6 is only 72 watts. They're brighter than my old t5 ho bulbs by the way (156 watt fixture). All my SPS and LPS are doing better than ever. Even a major jump in coralline and I love the glittering effect. Just my opinion.

I just ordered some new lights for my tank. They are Odyssea brand and are extremely affordable. I don't know the rules for suggesting sites but I know aquatraders.com carries them. Sorry if I broke any rules, just trying to help!

try reefkoi corals. very affordable led lights, but, get 14k instead of 20k. unless you like a real blue tank. I have a 200g unit over my 75 and the corals and fish colors have come on. and by the way, i have a 20k unit.

Ok thanx for the suggestions I will Defenately look into those leds.. what about the 40-60" leds by marineland the reef capable one? How is that one? My tank is 72" though? I really like shimmering effect and I would love to get that effect?

Orphek is getting ready to come out with LED tubes that will go into your existing fixture or another fixture. The Tubes will work with either T5 or T8 fixtures. Pretty sweet looking and should be a good price for them.

Orphek | superior led lighting

Back
Top Bottom