What ro system do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I change my filters out every six months even if they dont need it. I get about 6tds going into the unit and 0tds coming out. I also have the di as well and I have only changed that once on the last year and a half. ALso have never replaced the membrane.

I make about 400g a month of water. I have the BRS 5 stage and it ran me $180.

If you run a bypass and flush out your membrane before every use I bet that tds would go down. Mine starts up at like 120tds but after a 5 minute flush it drops to like 6.

Oh you are reading the output of ro. If your main supply is 120 tds then mine is not that bad. Actually after I added the DI I am now getting o tds after the pre DI filter. That makes my DI membrane lasts much longer.

The apartment is having plumbing problem and when they do repairs it will collect all those rust and dirt and I think that also contributed to why my filter did not last that long.

For sure get the ro/di, it will give you the best water quality. :)

The DI is the last stage the water goes through and it removes the impurities that the other filter blocks can't. It really does make a HUGE difference, trust me.

I use the BRS 5 stage plus and love it. It has DI, a dual inline TDS meter and a pressure gauge so you know if you have enough pressure going into the canisters.

I got mine during a group buy for $180 (like Carey), and it shipped free. The best part is that it comes with 3 or 4 accessories to hook it up in a variety of ways (utility sink, diverter valves, etc), all the tubing (TONS of it...), canister wrench, etc. IMHO, it was the best value for the dollar.

Back
Top Bottom