What should I cover my tank with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majormo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a 20g aquarium online for a planted tank, but it didn't come with a hood. All the hoods I could find cost twice as much as the tank itself. I'm not too concerned about lighting, but my cat is crafty and I'm concerned for the safety of the fish, and I hear ghost shrimp (that I plan on keeping in this tank) have a tendency to jump out. I've already invested over $150cad into this tank set up and I would really like to stay under $200cad, any suggestions for cheaper alternatives to a regular hood?

Forgot to include tank dimensions 30in x 13inch

My tank is about the same size I have an Aqueon 30 inch Versa -Top glass top. Lights fit on top of it. It comes with a vinyl back strip that you can custom cut to fit.

I made a window-screen lids with frame parts bought at Home Depot and 1/4" screen from Bulk Reef supply, but I doubt this would hold a cat.

Maybe a top cut from a sheet of egg crate (light diffuser), also at your local home supply store?

Back
Top Bottom