What size is my tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kpreece

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently bought two tanks from some ones a 20 gallon tall and they said the other one was a 60 gallon bowed tank. I've been looking for a new hood and I'm not sure if it's not a 72 gallon tank... dimensions are 48 long 22 high with is 17 3/4 and end width is 12.5

No the best pick cause it's in the garage waiting to be cleaned

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 74
Thanks, now I just need it to warm up so I can clean it. In the mean time I did get the 20 gallon up and running with 3- tangerine molies, 2- green barbs a tiger barb and a pleco

First time aquarium guy so I've got to show my wife I'm serious with the little tank before she will let me put the bigger tank inside

Attachments

• IMG_0582.jpg
    IMG_0582.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 73
You should have started with the big one first cause the pleco needs room they become large fish

You should have started with the big one first cause the pleco needs room they become large fish

By "the pleco", are you referring to any one specific pleco or every pleco as a singular pleco?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The common pleco they get huge and most of the time it's what ppl buy at pet shops cause we want at least one algae eater in our tank then you find out that they need atleast a 120 gal to keep cause they get to big

BNP[Bushy Nose Plecos] are very popular also. There are many varieties/colors and they do not grow nearly as large as common... most max at 4-5 inches or less.
So KP what kind of pleco did you get? He looks marble colored, and he doesn't look much bigger then the mollies now, but that may not last too long?

I've had a common pleco I got at around 2" in July last year. It's at 3.5" now. I wouldn't worry about it out growing the tank for now. When you think it might be too big just trade it in at your LFS and get a different one that doesn't get as bg.

I've had a common pleco I got at around 2" in July last year. It's at 3.5" now. I wouldn't worry about it out growing the tank for now. When you think it might be too big just trade it in at your LFS and get a different one that doesn't get as bg.

Probably not a common pleco. Trade?? Most times you have to pay someone to take these. Who wants a footlong poop machine?? Should avoid getting any fish that you don't want to have for the entirety of the tank setup.. period..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My math says about 67 gallons

Send our formula for the curve to Brookster so he can check your math!:rolleyes:

It is a factory tank, there are not really that many options.It may not really be a 72g but that is what it is called.Aqueon all the way baby!:dance:

Back
Top Bottom