What size tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 of the measurements for this tank. 17" tall and 36" wide. I'm not sure of the length. Here is a pic of the tank. What size do you think it is?

Attachments

• image-531290456.jpg
    image-531290456.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 98
Are you sure on the width? Normally the front to back measurement is 13" 18", or 24"

From the pics it looks to be a 55, or a 40 long. Or 50 depending on the height.

Those big bricks in the wall behind the tank should give a reference to length. Each brick is roughly the same length as the depth of the tank. So basically count the bricks behind the tank if you can and then multiply by the depth of the tank (front to back measurement).

Standard cinder block size is 8x8x16 so I'd say this is at least a 150 gallon tank but could easily be more, also consider the size of the organ on the right of the photo those things are usually three to four feet wide, what's their asking price on CL

The asking price is $50. I asked if it's just the tank or stand and lights include and if I could see it Friday. He hasn't responded yet

Hopefully I will be going to see the tank today around 4 EST. He told me he would let me know if that's a good time. I'll post the size once I see it

Finally going to see the tank today. Was a total hassle to get it scheduled and stuff. I'm hoping the pic is right

Turns out it was only a 30 gallon tank. Really sucks but oh well. Maybe someday I'll find a big one for cheap. But today is not all bad. My new canister filter is up and running perfectly and I finally was able to catch my bnp and move him from my 55 to my 29 so I can try my hand at breeding.

Attachments

• image-1144484759.jpg
    image-1144484759.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom