Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

What size tank do I have?

So, the other day I asked about canopies for this free 55g aquarium I got, and got some nice advice about measuring (what a great idea, actually measuring things!)
So, now I am thoroughly confused. My firend told me that this was a 55g tank, so I just always assumed it was.
The measurements are (roughly):
48¼" long : 20½" high : 18¼" deep

These are outside dimensions, and do include the trim, but they just seem wierd to me for a 55g. Of course having never owned anything but a 10g before this I don't have a clue!
Anybody clue me in on if it really is a 55g, or is it bigger than that?

Old 08-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fishkeeping - Ethical Fishkeeping - General Guides - Articles according to the converter on the side of what i linked,you have a 78.143 gallon tank

Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I come up with 75g Quick Calculator for Aquariums take your pic lol

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, I was leaning toward it being a 75g, but didn't want to go jumping to more stupid conclusions.
Glad I ordered the AQ 110 instead of the 70!
Sweeeeet!
Time to rethink the stocking all over again. Good thing I'm a long way off from even putting a fish in it yet. lol.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuG View Post
So, the other day I asked about canopies for this free 55g aquarium I got, and got some nice advice about measuring (what a great idea, actually measuring things!)
So, now I am thoroughly confused. My firend told me that this was a 55g tank, so I just always assumed it was.
The measurements are (roughly):
48¼" long : 20½" high : 18¼" deep

These are outside dimensions, and do include the trim, but they just seem wierd to me for a 55g. Of course having never owned anything but a 10g before this I don't have a clue!
Anybody clue me in on if it really is a 55g, or is it bigger than that?
Congratulations! Sounds like you're the proud owner of a 75E! A 55 gal would be about 6 inches less in width (front to back).

Edit ... since other's have beat me to the punch .. I'll add that I think a 75E is a GREAT tank size! Not too big to require an entire wall, but large enough to offer a great variety of stocking options!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com