What temperature gauge to you trust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
What temperature gauge do you trust

So what do you count on to tell you your tank temp other then hand.

i use the stick on thermometers from ati, they seem to be the most accurate.

Convict2161 said:
Stick on inside tank or those floating ones?

I say either as long as its glass but no matter the size of the tank I run two heaters and a glass thermometer on each end to make sure it's even temperature

ryan-peddle said:
I say either as long as its glass but no matter the size of the tank I run two heaters and a glass thermometer on each end to make sure it's even temperature

Interesting. I just got a 75gallon today and have an extra Top Fin 150 watt heater. I was thinking of adding it to my new tank on the other side. I wonder how many people do this and if it's really needed. It makes sense though... I mean the side that has the heater on it I would think would be warmer right?

ryan-peddle said:

Is the idea of having two heaters to have them back each other up? So neither one needs to work as hard.

Convict2161 said:
Interesting. I just got a 75gallon today and have an extra Top Fin 150 watt heater. I was thinking of adding it to my new tank on the other side. I wonder how many people do this and if it's really needed. It makes sense though... I mean the side that has the heater on it I would think would be warmer right?

That was my reasoning but I do have more than adequate flow I run two fluval 405's and I run the second heater so its less of a draw on one heater and if one heater breaks while I am away for the weekend I have a back up already in the tank ready to rock

Back
Top Bottom