What the heck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noclue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got a 75 gallon all glass aquarium yesterday. I am looking at the plumbing and I don't have a clue what it is?
Why 3 holes? After looking again there are 4 holes
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 20180422_114309_HDR.jpg
    20180422_114309_HDR.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20180422_114232_HDR.jpg
    20180422_114232_HDR.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
What am I looking at? Corner overflow? Can you get better pictures with proper orientation?

I am trying to figure out how to add the pictures I just took. It is an all glass aquarium with an overflow I guess you call it built in the end of the tank, but there's four holes and four tubes

Big two go out to sump smaller two are returns.
If the holes are same size look at bulkheads.They will accept different size pipe.
Did you purchase or get the "Mega Overflow " kit with it ?
Aqueon sells the 'Mega overflow separately and two kits should run you around $120..
You could DIY but it helps to know what you are building..
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai...wio_-yTnc7aAhUOMt8KHWXRADQQ0Qx6BAgAECY&adurl=
Those go in the overflow and then you need to plumb to and from sump..
Got a sump ?

Big two go out to sump smaller two are returns.
If the holes are same size look at bulkheads.They will accept different size pipe.
Did you purchase or get the "Mega Overflow " kit with it ?
Aqueon sells the 'Mega overflow separately and two kits should run you around $120..
You could DIY but it helps to know what you are building..
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai...wio_-yTnc7aAhUOMt8KHWXRADQQ0Qx6BAgAECY&adurl=
Those go in the overflow and then you need to plumb to and from sump..
Got a sump ?
Haha.. this! He could make sense of that picture upside down and backwards..

No sump. I just picked this up yesterday but then when i looked at it this morning i am nott sure what to do with it

Haha.. this! He could make sense of that picture upside down and backwards..

Ha it showed NO PICTURE on my end ...I am all wrong of course...:whistle:
One with 'loc line' is return ,one with 2 90s are out to filter.
The other two look like makeshift overflow failures which IMO are not needed but do have to plumbed to sump as they will both let water out if something goes wrong with outflow in corner box.
So really only two of those holes will/should ever do anything.1 in 1 out the other 2 ??? OVERKILL FROM EXCESS PARANIOA???

Is the one capped?
It’s been awhile and I think it’s a bean animal, but it has 3 intakes. Two would be adjusted for flow to match up while the third is left wide open and higher up as an emergency overflow Incase of a clog.

Back
Top Bottom