what to do incase of a powerfailure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elke

Aquarium Advice Regular
My dad just lost over half his fish in a 55g sw tank so what i would like to know does anyone have any ideas to help in this problem if it does occour or to you hope and pray like my dad did till the power company got the power back on... which in that case he lots alot... so all ideas and possible solutios are welcome.....

We bought a generator because we figured we had way more money invested in the tanks then it costs to buy a generator and since I am sure we are destined for at least one hurricane this season living on the coast of florida we figure the money for the generator is a good investment.

I bought a generator that will run most things in my house. One good idea I've heard of is an inverter that you can hook to your car. You can pick up a decent one for $50-$100. Even though gas is outrageous it just might get you out of a pinch. :D

Stephen

UPS is a system that charges and in the case of power outages can be used to sustain circultion and heat for a limited duration.

UPS is a system that charges and in the case of power outages can be used to sustain circultion and heat for a limited duration.

hey sloppy joe if you know any links or where to find this product i would like to know that sounds like a good investment depending on cost and how long it last and saltwatersmac i told my dad that he should of got one of those inverters but it was ater the fact i got a 750 power inverter for my truck and i know it would of got used i use that thing for everything even fish transport i got 5g bucket setup for travel...

I have been told that UPS' cant handle the type of current aquarium heaters and filters use. Im not sure why, but that's what someone told me when I made a post about this topic a while ago.

I have a power inverter in my truck i use. I have one plug strip that has all my essential items plugged into it, if the power goes out i run an extension cord to it from my truck and just plug in that one strip.

I got a generator (5000 kv??) that runs my basement freezer, sump pump (rain and power out means I get flooded), kitchen fridge, a few lights, and the tank stuff.

Back
Top Bottom