Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
what to glue acrylics with?

I'm making a DIY in-tank refugium using acrylic and did some research on how to glue them together. the consensus is using Weld-on #4 but i can't find that darn thing in any one of the home improvement store near me. is there anything else that i can use other than the 100% silicone? the closest thing to Weld-on is this, which is pretty much a regular superglue because of the cyanoacrylate.

Instantbond World's Fastest Instant Adhesive Glue - Clear - Cyanoacrylate Glue and Activator Spray - 100/400 ml-100-400 at The Home Depot

i try not to use the silicon because it's not pleasing to the eyes when it comes the areas where the pieces join together.

those who make DIY sumps please chime in as i know you guys use some sort of adhesive to glue the acrylic dividers in the sumps.

dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I usually find weld-on at my local glass place ( They sell plexi as well as glass). I'd call them and ask if they don't have it, if they can either order for you or where you can get it.

Hope this helps
Andy Sager is offline   Reply With Quote

acrylic, glue

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com