What to use to close holes in Megaflow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwatersmac

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going to be covering up the middle holes completely and about 2/3rds of the holes in the bottom row. I want to overflow mostly surface water but will keep a few holes so there is no stagnant area between the baffles. Will silicone be good to fill these holes? Any ideas or previous experiences?

TIA
Stephen

Should work I guess. I would not worry about it though. Most of the flow will be what comes over the top.

If your skimmer is plumed after the flow it will be a great upgrade IMO..
silicone should work.. The Megaflow is made of the black plastic right? If so, I would say pieces of plastic and superglue would work also..

Yes it is black plastic and my skimmer is fed directly from the overflow drain. I just thought it might be tough making the silicone look presentable. The pieces of plastic superglued sounds like a good idea. Any ideas where I might get some thin black plastic?

Not sure what kind of plastic you need but how about the black plastic folder/notebooks in the school section at walmart it is about 1/16" thick

That's a good idea. It will be flexible so it will mold to the Megaflow.
Thanks Brenden!

Thanks for all the help everyone! I found an old black notebook and cut pieces out of it. Worked out perfect except I didn't quite glue them on straight :oops: You only get one shot with the super glue :(

super glue solvent.. you get more then one shot.. only if the tanks dry and you can clean up real well.. :p
I know dollar general had it.. walmart might sell it... Id call around If you want some..

Thanks I didn't know there was anything like this. The pieces are not that bad crooked. I will live with it because my aquascaping plans will conceal the overflow. But this is good to know for future needs. :)

Back
Top Bottom