What type of T5HO bulbs should I get? Info And pic Included.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it was me I would do 2 super actinics and 2 50/50 (actinic white) along with your MH bulbs but that`s just my personal preference. It basically boils down to what`s your preference.

I want to run just the T5's for now until I'm ready for coral, i have a lot to learn and research before i even think about corals.

What kind of corals do you eventually want to keep and what effect are you going for? There is a vast array of bulbs that can allow you to pull off different effects.

ATI Blue Plus' are a standard so expect them to be in virtually every T5 bulb mixture.
I'm not sure yet as to what corals I would like to keep, I'm concentrating on the FOWLR part for now and want to use just the T5's for now. I'm installing 2 250w MH's in the hood I'm going to build for future use. This is my 1st SW tank and don't have a clue as to what type of effects these bulbs produce nor what it is needed for the benefit of the tank (Most important).

I didn't realize you planned to run halides, at which point I'd install everything all at once. Depending on what type of bulb you are getting for the halides (I'll assume 10k's), 4 Blue Plus' would be all you need or mix AquaBlue's with them.

The bulbs I bought for MH reflectors are the phoenix 250 watt 14000k x 2. I should be getting the delivery tomorrow that's when i start building the hood. I didn't plan on running the mh's until i got coral. Maybe i should reconsider and run the MH's?

Might as well to be honest. With 14ks I doubt you'd need the T5's as the bulbs should pull off a beautiful blue. Run the bulbs first then decide if you really feel the need, aesthetically, for T5s :)

Might as well to be honest. With 14ks I doubt you'd need the T5's as the bulbs should pull off a beautiful blue. Run the bulbs first then decide if you really feel the need, aesthetically, for T5s :)
I'll try it, it should only take about 20 minutes for me to rig something up to see what they look like. While looking for t5's Dr.Foster and Smith are running a sale on UVL T5HO Superactinics and Actinic White 12k for $14.19 each, I'm going to get two of each.

Back
Top Bottom