What would you pay for a 10 gallon with everything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
Iam trying to sell my 10 gallon it's 2 months old with everything included canopy filter heater thermometer gravel pump air stone water conditioner plants and a castle plus a male betta Ian asking 55 is that fair what would you pay?

I agree with HUKIT.... you'll not get your money back. $55 is really high for a 10g, even if it does have a bunch of extras. You can buy a 'starter kit' for a little less than that which has the essentials.

I'd just keep it for a qt, which may end up being set back up later down the road. That's what has happened to me.

Really thats crazy the 10gallon starters here go for 100 plus sounds like it would be easy and cheap to get into the hobby down there and the only kits here have no pump heater thermo or gravel but o well this is why iam asking

Really thats crazy the 10gallon starters here go for 100 plus sounds like it would be easy and cheap to get into the hobby down there and the only kits here have no pump heater thermo or gravel but o well this is why iam asking
Well, if that's the case, maybe what you're asking isn't all that bad then. Obviously, different areas have different costs. Apparently, where I am is one of the cheaper areas. I would just price it at what you're thinking, give it a week or two, if nobody buys, drop the price a little.

Lol it's definitely a regional thing. I know here in the states you can often find 10g kits on sale at the big box stores for around 25-35 dollars. Add another 20 or so for accessories and you are at 50-60 bucks. The rule of thumb I go by with used tanks is to expect about 1/4 to 1/2 of what the tank setup cost new. Don't even factor in the accessories as extra $ unless they are really high end (custom lighting, etc), and if someone takes the fish along with it, then that's a bonus.

Also I know around here they are very common, so thats another reason they command such a low price.

A 10g tank by it's self is $6.99. Once you add everything up new it may cost you about $50.00. And that's new.
it really is in your best interest to use it as a QT.
Or. if your giving up on the hobby, you can make it a donation to a non profit organization and get a tax write off. You'll get more for it as a tax write off than you ever will in cash.

10 gal tanks are really overpriced around here. I can actually get a 29 gal starter kit on sale for less than a 10 gal kit. Even still, you can't get much for a 10 gal here on CL. I recently got one that came with cover, 3 lamps (2 incan. 1 flou.), 2 50 watt heaters, gravel, loads of hideous decor, air pump, air accesories, gravel vac, etc...for $20. I thought it was a great deal though, personally. The flou. lamp alone would have cost me $40 to run out and buy new locally!

WendiDell said:
A 10g tank by it's self is $6.99. Once you add everything up new it may cost you about $50.00. And that's new.
it really is in your best interest to use it as a QT.
Or. if your giving up on the hobby, you can make it a donation to a non profit organization and get a tax write off. You'll get more for it as a tax write off than you ever will in cash.

A 10 gallon tank by itself here is 49.99 by itself at walmart

Check craigslist or something comparable up there and do a search and see what the price range is in comparison to what you're selling. Main thing in listing anything is hitting the key points of what you have. Clean setup, cycled, nice betta (right?) and it's ready to go. Tell them you'll even give them a link to a great forum that will help them out :D.

I'm looking at a 55g with stand for $40 right now and there's some yahoo trying to sell a junky 10g (not even close to what you have) for $50, so prices vary widely.

Mr. Limpet said:
Check craigslist or something comparable up there and do a search and see what the price range is in comparison to what you're selling. Main thing in listing anything is hitting the key points of what you have. Clean setup, cycled, nice betta (right?) and it's ready to go. Tell them you'll even give them a link to a great forum that will help them out :D.

I'm looking at a 55g with stand for $40 right now and there's some yahoo trying to sell a junky 10g (not even close to what you have) for $50, so prices vary widely.

Ok I think compatibles in my area will be the best way to judge cause prices are all over the place here I just sold one 10 gallon in about 1 hour for 30 without fish or stand so I think iam priced good at 50 Tanks for all the advise

Mr. Limpet said:

What!!! 40 dollars for a 55 with stand!! Omg here with stand, inbuilt filter it's over 600

Back
Top Bottom