what's a good place to get hoods/lamps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lectraplayer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking at upgrading my hood on my 29g to one better suited for growing real plants. At the moment I am undecided on what all to grow but I do have (I think) Brazillian Sword growing. What would be a good hood/lamp for my 29 gallon tank? Measurements are in the neighborhood of 30" wide, 12.5" deep, and 18" tall. (All measurements are US inches) Right now I have my hood converted to dual 40 watt LTT's @ 6500K from Light Bulb Depot. Where would be a good place to get bulbs from?

Look at Kensfish. He has several brands of bulbs, at very reasonable prices.

If your looking to upgrade your fixture, check out CatalinaAquarium.
Jim will build you whatever you want.!!

Do you have the bulbs horizontal in the hood? Is there a decent reflector in there? I think you have ample power there for growing low light plants.

I was intending to simply "get it burning" at assembly time so I don't have a reflector in place yet. I do intend to silver everything once I address supporting the bulbs properly. I can use up to a 29" bulb and still have room for one or two more (total of whatever wattage, 65 per bulb maybe @ 4 bulbs) with a ballast change, which is external to simplify bulb/reflector design and for better cooling. Also thinking about metal halide. Is this "as good as it gets" or can I buy better?

Back
Top Bottom