What's the best magnetic algae cleaner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquachic4545

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've seen a bunch of different types...

Ones that hang by a cord...
Ones that float
Ones that have some sort of fabric (Marina/Hagen)
Ones that involve a shark in their name branding

Basically, if you were to buy one for small cleanups....is it better to go up a size?

I have a 75 gallon tank and know the stronger magnets are for wider glass but I didn't know if I should always buy the biggest one possible or not...

Monica

None of those are going to get coralline off effectively, but for your run of the mill algae I have no problems with my magfloat, which obviously floats :p

There's not a single tank in my house that doesn't have a Magfloat in it as I'm typing. No scratches, no scuffs, and no complaints.

Honestly, I stopped using them. They will eventually scratch your tank. If you plan on leaving it in the tank, things grow on it and will scratch glass. I just get wet and use a sponge (aquarium kind). My tank is scratch from my magfloat.

mag floats are the best, Ive been using them for years with no scratches, keep them away from the iron substrate and you will be fine. I remove mine every week and clean them just to insure there is nothing in the pads. Go with a mag float and youll never be happier.

Back
Top Bottom