Whats the best skimmer...powerheads/wave makers good or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonsong

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im looking for a skimmer that will hang on the back of my tank. There are so many kinds that I decided to come to you guys for assistance. I heard that the aquaC Remora are a good brand and so are CPR Cyclone-bakpak series. But im ultimatly looking a skimmer that will do a) an excellent job b) is efficent and c) will do at least 5 times the amount of my tank (75 gallons). So if anyone could recomend me an excellent skimmer that would be great :)

Also does anyone know of a good power head to use I was thinking of using two aquaclear 110 powerheads situated at each end of the tank hooked up to a timer but I would rather use a couple of wave makers. good idea or bad make any modifications as you see fit!

Thanks a million in advance!

I was also looking at the Burlin turbo hang on... is this one any good. Sorry for all the skimmer questions its just I have only read. I just dont want to by a crappy skimmer and then have wasted all that money. I heard that ventri are the best type of skimmer but so far I think the best one I have seen is the Berlin one.

and is it a better idea to put in wave makers or powerheads? I like the idea of wave makers more myself

Back
Top Bottom