What's the best test kit..and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm using Redsea marine right now and want to make sure I'm using the best one. What is the best and why?

Thanks

I have used the Red Sea before and found it difficult to read. I prefer the tests by SeaChem.

The seachem comes with pH & Alkalinity, Ammonia and Nitrite & Nitrate. Should i test for anything else?

well what do you have in your tank? is it a reef? seachem also makes more test then what you said. i have one of there ca test kits.

I picked up a test kit from petsmart ...its called :Saltwater Master Liquid Test: It cost me $19.99 and checks, Amonia, ph, nitrite and nitrate. You basically drop some drops in a glass tube, shake it up then compare colors with these color cards it comes with...

(side note: I was testing my ammonia and there were 2 bottles, one of the bottles says MAY CAUSE FATAL INJUIRES IF SWALLOWED, then says harmful to skin ((thinkin' its acid or chlorine or sumthin)) so i open up the cap and it must have been under pressure or something but it all leaked out...OUCH, there was no eye dropper topper on it...(((thats a lawsuit))) so it just poured out....took it back to petsmart and they exchanged it for a diff one, and this works fine.)

Back
Top Bottom