Whats the best way to setup an AC500 + Fluval 204? (55g)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgcaver

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK, Ive never even owned a canister filter, so bare with me here. Im setting up my 55g for a Malawi tank, and I already own a pretty new AC500. I plan on having 12 cichlids and 2'ish bottom feeders. And yes, this will be a VERY planted tank.

So, Question #1: Is adding a Fluval204 or comparable canister even worth the money I'd spend on it? (And does fluval204 sound like a good idea, or should I check out something different?)

Question #2: If I do add a canister filter, whats the best way to set up a big HOB (like an AC500) with a canister?? Have the HOB at one end, and the canister extract/input hoses on the other end of the tank?

Question #3: With canisters like a fluval, is it possible to put the 2 different hoses wherever you want in your tank? Like could I have extraction on one end and input on the other end, in order to create some basic current??

As always, any help is sincerely appreciated!!

You are not going to need both (or want the added hoses, wires, cost, and maint.), so either stick with the AC500 or get a 304, the 204 is too weak for your tank.

Back
Top Bottom