Whats the quietest aquarium power filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cougaran

Aquarium Advice Activist
Whats the quietest aquarium power filter?

I have a big whisper in my tank and its noisy.I read elsewhere that the aquaclear is quiet. Any opiomios as this is going to be a bedroom filter. I read if i change the impeller on the whisper, only 6.99, it makes a difference and i remember doing that with a whisper 2 a long time ago it made a difference. But a nice aquaclear 50 is only $18..Any recommendations?

penguins and emperors are quieter than people say, the water level just has to be high enough

The Aquaclear and Eheim Liberty filters are both virtually silent.

best of luck,
Asaint

I've had great results with the Aquaclear filters, and I think they are a better product than the Whispers. Mine are really quiet so I bet you would like them. :mrgreen:

i have penguin 330's and with the proper water hight i dont even know they are working. the new penguin 350's are also supposed to be very very quiet.
rob

I disagree, I find my aquaclears to be very noisy; they seem to have a mechanical hum to them. I recieved a hob filter with my 10 gal set from petcetera and it is the best filter Ive laid my hands on. I love it.

I don't know about the large whispers, but the smaller ones are pretty quiet. My emperor 400 is a racket though. Much louder than my other filters.

I have Emperor 400. When I can't say that I don't hear it at all, but the noise it makes is lower than the noise of water going through it (which is very low).

i have an aquaclear in my 72 gallon and as long as you keep the water level up, you won't even know it's there...i had one in my 30 gallon in my bedroom and i slept like a log

Back
Top Bottom