When is a crack enough to cause problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rush03

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have a small (1/2 cm) crack about 1-1.5 inch below the top of my 45G tank trim. This was here when I bought the tank. It's pretty minor that I can run my finger nail over it and feel nothing. Should I be concerned though? Perhaps put some sort of patch over it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hopefully these all upload correctly, never done it before. Here's the tank in question, my gouramis were quite curious haha. I try and keep the water just below the crack but I'm not sure if that helps or not.

Attachments

• image-111322505.jpg
    image-111322505.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 192
  • image-1770802265.jpg
    image-1770802265.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 224
  • image-3029818038.jpg
    image-3029818038.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 190
  • image-3130363041.jpg
    image-3130363041.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 206
Thoughts anyone? I hope the pictures are helpful enough.

Oh, in the second picture, directly above the left gourami's nose is what I'm talking about. The last picture is just a side shot to show the depth of the crack/chip.

Try to get a few more clear pictures. If it's a chip in the corner where the two pieces of glass meet, I think you'll be fine. Either way, if it's a chip and it's concerning you, you could fill it with epoxy resin or some other material that bonds to glass.

In the second pic, follow the back corner behind the fish up till water level, then slightly to the left:) I wouldn't worry about it, looks like a cosmetic scratch

Oh, in the second picture, directly above the left gourami's nose is what I'm talking about. The last picture is just a side shot to show the depth of the crack/chip.

I see what your talking about of it's hard to tell in those pictures, if it's cracked in one of panes I'd toss the tank...sell it to one of weirdo's who use them for reptiles. LOL

Back
Top Bottom