Where best to hang HOB filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonfyre

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have a 90 gallon aquarium with an Aquaclear 110 and an Aquaclear 50. I am wondering where the best placement for them should be for water circulation. Side by side or one on each end, or does it really matter? Right now, the 110 is in the middle and the 50 is to the right.
The tank has pool filter sand substrate, plastic and silk plants, LED bubbler light, and houses 3, 3.2 inch common Goldfish, 8 juvenile Tiger Barbs, and 10 juvenile/almost adult Bloodfin Tetras.
(Once the Goldfish hit 5 or 6 inches, we are going to make an above-ground pond for them.)
IF, we add more fish, it will be a school of 7 Peppered Corys, and, once the Goldfish are rehoused, possibly 6 Rosy Barbs as well. Hoping to stay understocked, though, so decisions are not final, lol.

I guess I should mention that this is the first time I have had two HOB filters on an aquarium. Common sense says one each end, but that might not be right for aquariums :/

Sent from my SM-G903W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

NVM, figured it out. The 110 is on the far left, with the intake tube going to just above the substrate, an AquaTech 5-15 is in the middle, with the intake at about the middle of the tank, and the 50 is on the right, with the intake 3/4s of the way down. Hopefully, that's all areas covered.
The fish already seem to appreciate the extra water flow and are swimming in the open more.

Anywhere should be fine, as long as you get the flow you want. Typically at 1/3 and 2/3.

Back
Top Bottom