Where can AMERICANS get these awsome Frameless tanks i see?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt68005

Aquarium Advice Addict
I always see these videos of people from south america and asia and sometimes even parts of europe with these really cool frameless tanks, sometimes acrylic sometimes not.
Just want to know where i can get these? All we have here is the cumbersome ugly black plastic framed tanks that last about 5 years then crack and break, ive even had to go to the emergency room when i was walking in my basement and stepped on a long skinny piece of glass and it went into my foot, i pulled it out and blood started squirting like a volcano out of my foot, fell to the floor and started crying to my wife to help me, blood all over the floor and my clothes, while she was being loud, i remained that way until she finally heare me screaming!
Needless to say i don't like glass tanks, but im not rich either. However i am just looking for the future and my price limit is about 300 and i want to get at least 9 of these "acrylic" tanks that are between 10 and 15 gallons in size and just a regular rectangular tank. I see these videos of people from other countries much poorer than the US have these tanks, but ill be da**ed if i can find one online or locally that isnt exteremely expensive. Anyone know of a site or a wholesaler that would deal just regular tanks that size?

I believe they are custom made and ordered. From what I've heard around YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My LFS sells frameless/rimless glass tanks. They definitely cost more.

Are the inexpensive tanks you are seeing europe really frameless or they euro-braced?

If you want a whole bunch of them why not just make them yourself? Small tanks don't really require much tools or skill to build. Just have someone else cut all the glass to size for you in advance.

ive done my searching and ive only found acrylic tanks for huge amounts of money. Im defintaely willing to TRY to build it myself, but to make like 9 of them is gonna be alot of work and i don't think i can do it without screwing something up or pouring water in them only to have them burst and spill it all over the floor.
I just want to know where and how these people from other countries that are ovbiousl not rich get so many of these tanks while in america they are ridicolous amounts of money.
Glass is too heavy for my back anymore, lifting, bending dumping cracking about killing me on several occasions...
maybe just a see thru plastic tupperware container then? I looked at custom ones and they mostly only do 20 gallons or larger and i want just ten or 15 gallons because i like guppies and i want a low tech low cost easy no worry and no heavy lifting type of setup that looks nice too.
Geez, i mean even a frameless glass tank looks better than those tacky black plastic framed ones that im so sick of, never seen anything like that and i live in a big city, i can only think of the amount of money that would cost to custom order and ship to where i live 9 of these tanks.

Mr. Aqua rimless glass;
mr aqua tanks - Marine Depot

rimless acrylic tanks will always be silly expensive because without the support of the rim/brace they have to use much thicker acrylic and the cost goes up exponentially.
that is the main reason you mostly see only glass rimless tanks.

I'll bet a lot of the ones you saw were glass not acrylic, but Starfire glass which is like 90+% clearer than regular glass and is stronger as well.

I would also question if the ones you saw were truly rimless or just eurobraced. The latter should be cheaper.

Do you have any pictures of these tanks that made you think they were cheaper in europe?

I've seen them at Petco

They are more expensive though, and I have no idea if they are glass or acrylic

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you want 9 tanks for $300 then your only option is DIY. And since it's for the future any way why not? Shouldn't be that hard, just get enough extra acrylic for 2 tanks to factor in a learning curve and I'm sure you'll end up with exactly what your looking for.

Yeah really im not sure, the ones ive saw were plexiglass/acrylic and they were eurobraced, kind of want something like that. how much does it cost for a sheet of plexiglass? probably alot of money for just one drywall sized cut of it. Ah forget it i might just go with the old ten gallon glass, im not made of money i want my hobby to be fun not expensive. Its a pain to carry them and scoop out nasty gravel but at the same time i just use ten gallon tanks only for guppies anyways so i could have 18 of them and it wouldnt be all that hard, and their not all that heavy. Thankyou for the suggestions, if i save up enough money i might try to buy sheets and do it myself with the help of a friend.

Back
Top Bottom