Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-12-2005, 06:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
where do can you buy a reef tank?

Been trying to shop arond for some 90-125g reef tanks (preferably predrilled?) glass or acrylic but i haven't really been able to find anyplace that sells them. My region really isn't a big on fish and the LFS's in my area sell some glass tanks that are larger but no reef ready.

Online shops or even LFS in Lincoln/Omaha/Kansas City would work. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I want to upgrade to a 125 reef tank. Not that i want to start a reef really but i will in the future and i'd prefer to buy a tank that i can use for a reef later on...even if i'm only going with a FOWLR tank for now. I'm thinking about building my own stand and canopy and making my own sump. But i would like to purchase the aquarium itself. Any ideas?

75g reef
zenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
For glass- Oceanic and all-glass sell pre-drilled tanks
For acrylic- Tenecor and many others.

Blazeherd2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Did you ask your LFS if they can order a reef ready for you? Some guys I know got tanks from glasscages and the like them..... They will custom make your tank. Not sur eif the deliver out to Nebraska , check there web site......
9/02-125 REEF, 125 lbs LR,LS 4x160 VHO, Reef Devil /Sump, Fuge
7/03-55 FOWLR 60lb LR, 50 lb SD sand 2x40 NO strip light, Reef Devil/sump, Fuge

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:47 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Remember, just because a store doesn't have a pre-drilled 25 with bulkheads in-stock doesn't mean they won't order it in for you. I know Fish World in Lincoln will deliver the tank to you if you live in-town.
Former advisor and planted tank geek...life's moved on though.
malkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
There are usually some really nice acrylic tanks on Ebay, as well. Shipping is usually fairly steep, though.
AndyH5512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:00 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a friend who own a fish store. store is in kansas. he sells oceanic and all glass which is pre drilled. if you are interested. i can ask him.
leesanhua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:45 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to chris stevens
I bought my 50 gallon acrylic Tenecor from www.ah-supply.com. Cost me just over $200 and shipping was included (!). Arrived in perfect condition, great tank. I recommend them.

chris stevens is offline   Reply With Quote

reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com