Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via MSN to sharlotte_g Send a message via Yahoo to sharlotte_g
Where do I place my protein skimmer???

Hello. I have a biocube 29g and my protein skimmer came in yesterday and I put it all the way in to my empty 1st chamber, fully submerged. Nothing happened..no bubbles. So then I pulled it up until the cap was out of the water then bubbles came out-but now my lid won't close on my tank! It is an Aquaticlife mini 115.

Help! I have NO clue where to put my protein skimmer in my biocube tank to make it work properly. How far down in the chamber? How much water is supposed to be flowing through it??

Ugh. I am sooo lost.

sharlotte_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Will it fit in with the clip to attach to the tank? Look up the airline mod for it. The problem with it is the spot that sucks in the air to make the bubbles is right on top of the skimmer so if you place it to where the waterline is past that hole it sucks in water instead. The mod adds extra airline which fixes the problem. I no it seems like a pain but in the long run its still better then any other skimmer I've seen for 50 bucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Tobykourtney is offline   Reply With Quote

protein, protein skimmer, rot, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com