where do you buy your tank tops?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FastFly67

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i bought a complete hood for the 20 tall but i think i want to go with better lighting for the 29 gallon i picked up. petco and petsmart seem a little bit high (ie, i'm cheap) for their acrylic tops. where do you purchase yours?

I get them at F&S too. I think a lot of online sellers don't offer them, because they require such a huge amount of packing material for such an inexpensive item. F&S packs them in a huge box, bubble wrapped, and with an entire plant full of peanuts (the starch ones, which my cats and dog eat if I don't clean 'em up.)

Look at the "Twin Tube" lids-they have a wider panel at the back, so you can leave a light strip where it is to feed. I think the glass is thicker, too.

I also recommend the Versa-Tops although I usually buy all my tanks and glass tops at my LFS to avoid breakage during shipping.

I bought some "Perfecto" glass tops for my 55G from thatpetplace.com and they are nice to have. I dont have the plastic on the back parts just to have more air under them. Also my light bulbs are spread out so I just have the hinge in the center between the 2 bulbs. I did see the "twin tube" versions but I allways thought the light is best in the center of the tank but I do see many people with the lights towards the rear even w/o glass tops.

Back
Top Bottom