Where Does The Rubber Ring Go On Fluval 403?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mauve

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi, I got this Fluval 403 Filter on a garage sale. Inside, a loose rubber ring knocking around. After searching around interenet I figured, it is a seal of some kind, but it is unclear where to install it. The manufacturer's site is useless with their microscopic illustrations.
Does anyone know where to put that ring?
Thanks.

It seals the top to the canister.

Right, it should go around the top of the lid. It is the seal between the top and bottom. I would put it on and run it for a little bit in your sink/tub, just to make sure there are no leaks....

I've tried to do that but it is a pain to put that ring on ( there is is no apparent groove to put that ring in) but it keeps rolling off. And even though I finally managed to keep it in place the lid would not close/lock.....
Is this where it is supposed to go?
img_683512_0_affb0c661428f11c4b661a78ba721003.jpg

img_683512_1_9c800947888ab9eb3666b2d1218109f7.jpg

I don't have a fluval, but is that a groove below where the ring is in the current picture? If it is, will it fit in there and close?

Attachments

• fluval_140.jpg
    fluval_140.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 382
After putting that ring on the first step and pushing hard the lid finally closed.
Thank you. Now I proceed to test it for leakage.

Back
Top Bottom