Where to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikki_kaiser

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm wanting a tank that looks rimless but is Eurobraced so my snails don't end up on the floor (have a friend with a rimless and has issues). Where is the best place that's AFFORDABLE to buy one? Glasscages does not do this and I read some scary reviews. Thank you!

There's nothing wrong with glass cages. I bought 3 tanks from them- all were very nice, and less than half the price of everyone else. My advice would be to skip the snails, and buy a rimless. I just got a nice 105 rimless (48 x 24 x 21 tall). It was Just over $450.00.

You can buy lids for rimless tanks. My new 7 gallon nano rimless from CAD Lights (zen series) came with a lid that does not interfere with the rimless look IMO. With a little modding, it would be almost snail proof, I believe.

I would totally buy from glasscages if they would do a clear eurobrace for me. The issue I have is that my trochus snails seem to think my tank is a freaking brothel so now I've got a ton of red and white baby snails. I suppose I could get rid of them but it may take some time. Also, I heard that you should brace tanks that are bigger. I'm not wanting to wake up to my upstairs flooded with all my coral on the floor! Kinda scurd!

Those red and white snails are collonista snails- a hitch hiker.
I just bought a 105 rimless. It has nothing on top and I can relate to the uneasy feeling about this. I'm going to give it a shot though.

I'm wanting a 150 and I know they said that it would be ok however I just don't know...(sighs).

Back
Top Bottom