Where to buy 36x18 50gallon tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumlit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, i need a 36 inch long tank to fit into the space i have, and it seems that the 36x18x18 50 gallon is the best choice.
My problem is, i cannot find any on local craiglist for the past month, and cannot find any other place that sells one.
Does anyone know where i can purchase one?
Thanks

I've only seen acryllic tanks in that size available online at Petsmart and Petco. I would recommend going to your local pet store and ask if they can order one for you if they don't stock one.

Yeah i should have clarified i wanted glass. Acrylic is too expensive, and ive read that due to the top brace, you dont have much space to put decorations inside.
Ive seen tanks of this size online from other hobbiests, so i know they exist.
Yeah i guess i can look for a lfs and see if they can order one for me.

Yeah i should have clarified i wanted glass. Acrylic is too expensive, and ive read that due to the top brace, you dont have much space to put decorations inside.
Ive seen tanks of this size online from other hobbiests, so i know they exist.
Yeah i guess i can look for a lfs and see if they can order one for me.

Where are you located? I have a used on that size. It's an older custom one without a center brace.

Miami, Florida.

Oh.. that's too bad cause if you were local, I could really hook you up. This isn't one of those cheap thin glass tank either.

You may want to get a 40 gallon breeder tank. It's close to the dimension you are looking for and they sell them at Petco. Not sure if the sale is over but they had them on sale for $40 last week.

Yeah i was set on buying a 40gal breeder, same length and width, just less tall. Then i saw someone with the 50 gallon and thought it was much better.
Now i can't get it out of my head lol. I'll keep looking online and see if i get lucky.
Btw, how reliable are online manufacturers like glasscages.com? I just found the site and see they make the size im looking for.
thanks

Oh.. that's too bad cause if you were local, I could really hook you up. This isn't one of those cheap thin glass tank either.

You may want to get a 40 gallon breeder tank. It's close to the dimension you are looking for and they sell them at Petco. Not sure if the sale is over but they had them on sale for $40 last week.

Unfortunately the sale ended five days ago. However forty breeders are good dimensions too, especially if you like live plants, more room and less depth means better lighting and more plants.

I don't have first hand experience with glasscages but know people who have their tanks. Some have better than others.

I wouldn't pay the extra $ for the shipping and custom pricing for a 50 gallon. Save the $ and get the 40 breeder. If you are patience, there are 50gal out there. They are older tank but much better quality glass (IMHO). I see one advertise on CL in my area all the time, unfortunately they are asking too much.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, ill keep looking in CL for a little bit longer, but if i can't find one, the 40 breeder was my original choice, so it won't be that big of a deal.

If you want it bad enough get some glass cut to whatever size you wish and put one together.:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom