Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I swear I checked eBay Elise and could only find international sellers! I must have used the wrong search terms.

I need to keep a lot of my fish and shrimp seperate and they will need to be in transit for two maybe three days so I thought bags were easier than a cooler. Thoughts? I don't really want them sloshing around too much in the car either.

I will be transporting about 7adults 25juveniles and approx 150 fry of various ages. Plus the shrimp.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
I swear I checked eBay Elise and could only find international sellers! I must have used the wrong search terms.

I need to keep a lot of my fish and shrimp seperate and they will need to be in transit for two maybe three days so I thought bags were easier than a cooler. Thoughts? I don't really want them sloshing around too much in the car either.

I will be transporting about 7adults 25juveniles and approx 150 fry of various ages. Plus the shrimp.
If you have to keep them separate I think the bags would be the way to go. If you can open them up 2-3 times a day to add new air and put a drop of prime in once a day I think it's doable. You can pack the bags in a cooler to keep temps stable and them from moving about.

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

i would check around, even if the local fish stores will not give them to you for free you might be able to buy some off of them,
Old 02-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

I made a 250 mile trip with various fish in a bucket when I helped a friend move from Baltimore to Pittsburgh. We got a bucket with a lid, cut some slots for the airline and heater power cord. Ran both off a DC to AC converter and kept the lid on tight to prevent splashing water inside the car.

I added a couple drops of Prime before we left too. I kept the bucket on the floor in the passenger seat and kept the car heat aimed at the bucket (it was winter time). All of them made the trip just fine.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com