Where to find 6500K 15W 18" flourescent lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orcus332

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone recommend where they have found these light bulbs? The closest color temp I can find is 5000K by GE. The only time I have found a 6500K is in a larger size than I need. I am in Columbus, OH if that helps incase anyone knows of something local. Obviously I can find the correct temp/size at the LFS, but I'd rather pay half the price somewhere else. Thanks

Thanks, that's a start. I guess it may be tough to beat the $7 GE 5000K bulb I picked up at Lowe's Hardware Store though.

GE's Daylight Deluxe is a mass-market 6500k bulb that the Depot carries. I don't know if they have 18" in stock though.

Or really, look for any fluorescent that's labeled as Daylight. Sylvania makes a good one I know. Gonna be closer to 10,000k, but that's fine for plants.
Main reason, daylight is gonna give you taht whiter light, rather than a sickly yellow, which your 5000K is close to (3000k is when it gets real ugly, noticable).

well I can tell you the Phillips and Sylvania 'daylight' bulbs, that run about $5.99 for a 24", are well above 3750k. I'd call them 8000k-10,000k.

Thanks Malkore, According to the Philips and Sylvania websites, the bulb with the highest color temp is the philips brand "daylight deluxe" has a temp color of 6500K and comes in T8 18", 48" and T12 24", 48". Now the job will be trying to actually find the 18". Time for a few more questions:

1. I recently purchased an all glass aquarium hood for my 10g tank, and it came with a 15W bulb. Anyone know what color temp these bulbs are?

2. The GE and Philips "Plant and Aquarium" bulbs never have a color temp listed. Why is that and what is the temp?

Back
Top Bottom