Where to Find a Sump for Sale Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyH5512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello. I am looking for a sump for my 120 gallon. I need a bigger one than my current wet/dry, plus I am thinking of going to a reef setup. So far, I have not found anything really worth noting online. Can anyone recommend any good websites (other than Ebay, already looked there) that sell them? Thanks!

If all you want is a sump and not a refugium than it is an easy find. Any size tank will give you the increased volume and equipment space. A 30 gal tank would work well for you. It is a lot cheaper than buying a fabricated sump that does the same job.

The one I saw at the LFS had several compartments to it that were separated by pieces of acrylic. It had a polishing sponge, and even a small amount of bio-balls. Are the separate compartments necessary?

Compartments aren't necessary -- but do add other means of filtration.

What is your purpose of adding a sump? Do you already have an overflow on your tank?

I am currently using a w/d on a 120 FOWLR. I am thinking of going the reef route, and the LFS advised getting a sump, and some more powerful pumps (as the first step). I wanted to compare prices before I committed to a certain model. The tank is pre-drilled with 2 overflows.

I was thinking of doing that, however the wet/dry is only rated at 100 gallons. I also want to use a larger skimmer (probably a Euro-Reef). I dont think it will fit in my wet/dry.

Back
Top Bottom