Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Where to get circulation pump?

I have a 10 gallon nano reef I'm starting and I need to find a small wavemaker at a very low price? Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

aleximler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:06 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Are you talking about a wave maker specifically or is a powerhead a possibility?

You probably have seen this but this seems the smallest and also better rated. I have a bigger one and it worked well. I don't use it any more just because I don't need it.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
I second that Koralia 240 that autumn mentioned above.

For a reef, depending on what if any filter you are using you may actually need two, one for each side if you are keeping coral.

But yeah, figure about $20-25 for a powerhead. Don;t skimp out and get the uber cheap ones off ebay, I had one explode and leaked oil out. Luckily it was just in my mixing can or the results could have been very, very bad.
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
x3 , good pumps and I also like the way they use a magnet to hold it rather than the suction cup inside the glass
scuba dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Koralia 240 is the way to go
richie6 is offline   Reply With Quote

circulation, circulation pump, pump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com